How do I clear my Java cache?
Clearing your Java cache: Windows
- Open the Java Control Panel (Start > Control Panel, enter "Java" in the "Search Control Panel" box, and click the Java icon when it comes up)
- Click the "Settings..." button near the bottom of the Java control panel window:
- Click "Delete Files..." button
- Make sure all 3 boxes are checked and click "OK"
- Click the "OK" button to clear the cache
- Click "OK" again to close the Java Control Panel
Clearing your Java cache: Mac OS X
The following directions apply to Oracle Java 7 and newer, which is supported by Mac OS X 10.7.3 and newer.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen
- Select System Preferences
- In the bottom row, click the Java icon; the Java Control Panel will open in a separate window
- On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click Settings...
- Click the Delete Files... button
- Click the check box for Installed Applications and Applets
- Click the OK button; this clears the cache
- Click the OK button twice to close windows
- Close the System Preferences window
The following directions apply to Oracle Java 6, which is supported by Mac OS X 10.6.8.
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock
- Select Applications
- Click the Utilities folder
- Open Java Preferences
- Click the Network tab
- Click Delete Files...
- Ensure that both boxes are checked and click OK