Scanning Services performs optical mark scanning of Scantron exam forms.
We offer instructors an efficient way to quickly grade exams, while gathering a comprehensive statistical analysis of their test results. Reports include:
- results for import to Blackboard
- rosters with name and ID number
- percentage and raw scores
- frequency of response per question
- statistic by question
- test overview statistics
- individual student response reports
We provide results via email for instructors to import, with statistical reports in PDF or Excel format. Here are instructions for how to import results into Canvas and Blackboard, respectively:
- Canvas: https://blogs.uoregon.edu/canvas/training/ (see Scanning Process PDF)
- Blackboard: http://library.uoregon.edu/scis/blackboard/faq/instructors/i11.html
We have a two business days, guaranteed turnaround time. We accept only our own custom designed full sheet (8.5 x 11) optical mark scanning forms.
Our testing forms are available for sale at The Duck Store (map). Ask for them downstairs at the Art Department's customer service desk. They can be purchased with a department's index number. NOTE: we are unable to process the half sheet forms sold at The Duck Store. Use the larger 8.5 x11 form available at the Customer Service Desk in the Art Department downstairs.
How to Contact Us
phone: (541) 346-1739
hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Charges for Scanning
|Type of Service||Charge per Form|
|Test forms||$0.05 (Available at bookstore)|
|Scanning||$0.52, with a $5.00 minimum|
Turn in exams
Drop off your exams for scanning at the Technology Service Desk located in 151 McKenzie Hall 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. You will be asked to fill out a Scanning Request Form
Tips for a better scanning experience
- Use only #2 pencil
- Fill in each answer very dark and fill up the whole bubble with each mark
- do not bend, staple, mutilate, or get forms wet
- bring your exams to us ASAP; we work on a first come first served basis
- use only the full sized 8.5 x 11 sheet forms
- Look for an email with a header of "Rebecca Albrich" or "Scanning Services has shared some resourses with you." It contains the link to your exam results.