Scanning Services performs optical mark scanning of Scantron exam forms.
We offer instructors an efficient way to quickly grade exams, while gathering a comprehensive statistical analysis of their test results. Reports include:
- results for import to Canvas
- rosters with name and ID number
- percentage and raw scores
- frequency of response per question
- statistics by question
- test overview statistics
- individual student response reports
We provide results via email using OneDrive for instructors to import, with statistical reports in PDF or Excel format. Here are instructions for how to import results into Canvas:
We have a guaranteed turnaround time of three business days. We accept only our own custom-designed full sheet (8.5 x 11) optical mark scanning forms.
Our testing forms are available for sale at The Duck Store (map). Ask for the forms downstairs at the Art Department's customer service desk. They can be purchased with a department's index number. NOTE: We are unable to process the half-sheet forms sold at The Duck Store. Use the larger 8.5 x11 forms available at the Customer Service Desk in the Art Department downstairs.
How to Contact Us
phone: (541) 346-1739
hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Charges for Scanning
|Type of Service||Charge per Form|
|Test forms||$0.05 (Available at bookstore)|
|Scanning||$0.52, with a $5.00 minimum|
Turn in exams
Tips for a better scanning experience:
- Use only the full-sized 8.5 x 11 sheet forms
- Use only #2 pencil
- Fill in each answer very dark and fill up the whole bubble with each mark
- Do not bend, staple, or mutilate form, or get forms wet
- Bring your exams to us ASAP; we work on a first-come, first-served basis
- Look for an email from Rebecca Albrich or Juan Gonzalez with the text "Here's the folder that Rebecca Albrich (or Juan Gonzalez) shared with you. Go to batch ### exam results." It contains the link to your exam results. The UO has a site license for OneDrive. You use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address to sign in, along with that email account's password.
- Please copy your results to your own computer. We do not retain records beyond 30 days.