The Information Services Technology Service Desk (Tech Desk) is committed to supporting University-affiliated students, faculty, and staff with their computing needs. We are located in 151 McKenzie Hall, and our hours of operation are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Extended hours: Starting Sept. 1, 2015, we will offer phone and email support from 8am to 7pm, M-F.
Please feel free to visit us in person, call our telephone support at (541) 346-HELP (4357), or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for cool application tips, pointers on computer use, campus updates, safe computing advice, and more!
Services We Offer
- Software troubleshooting
- First-level ethernet and wireless network support
- Virus and spyware removal
- Backups and data transfers
- Account support for all current and retired UO-affiliated persons
Education about personal-computing best practices
Our services are available only to current UO students, faculty, and staff, except as noted.
Environments We Support
The Tech Desk supports the following equipment types:
- Mobile devices and PDAs
The Tech Desk supports the following operating systems and software:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8
- Mac OS X 10.4 and newer
- Microsoft Office applications for Windows and Mac, including Office 365 (Office apps and OneDrive cloud storage)
- Internet browsers
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- Email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, and Webmail
- Adobe suite of applications
- University-wide site-licensed software found on the Software Center list
- Computer purchase advice based on our Buyer's Guide
Limitations to Our Support
Our Tech Desk support staff will do everything they can to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, but please be aware that we do have a few limitations:
- In order to be fair to our other customers, we have a 2-hour time limit for troubleshooting software issues or removing viruses.
- We do not support Linux or related operating systems.
- We have limited web development support. If you are interested in creating a web page, see Web Hosting and Publishing Services.
Ways to Contact Us
University students, faculty, and staff can get help in four ways:
Our staff is available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm to answer questions in person. We are closed for official state holidays.
You can find us in 151 McKenzie Hall, which is at the northwest corner of campus. Our street address is 1101 Kincaid St; we are at the corner of E. 11th Avenue and Kincaid Street. (View UO map | view Google map)
Our free telephone support is available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Our phone number is 541-346-HELP (541-346-4357). Starting Sept. 1, 2015, we're extending our phone support hours to 8am-7pm, M-F.
Ask us a question via e-mail for free, any time! Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending us a question via e-mail, please do not include sensitive data like passwords.
We have answers to common questions and problems on this very web site! Try the Services Directory or search (in the upper right corner of this page).
Please note that we are funded through various sources at the University of Oregon with the purpose of providing technical support to the University and its constituents. We are regretfully unable to provide support to users who have no current university affiliation.