The Information Services Tech Desk is committed to supporting University-affiliated students, faculty and staff with their computing needs. We are located in 151 McKenzie Hall, and our hours of operation are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Please feel free to visit us in person, call our telephone support at (541) 346-HELP (4357), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for cool application tips, pointers on computer use, campus updates, safe computing advice, and more!
Services We Offer
- Software troubleshooting
- First-level ethernet and wireless network support
- Virus and spyware removal
- Backups and data transfers
- Account support for all current and retired UO-affiliated persons
Education about personal-computing best practices
Our services are available only to current UO students, faculty, and staff, except as noted.
Environments We Support
The Tech Desk supports the following equipment types:
- Mobile devices and PDAs
The Tech Desk supports the following operating systems and software:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8
- Mac OS X 10.4 and newer
- Microsoft Office applications for Windows and Mac, including Office 365 (Office apps and OneDrive cloud storage)
- Internet browsers
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- Email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, and Webmail
- Adobe suite of applications
- University-wide site-licensed software found on the Software Center list
- Computer purchase advice based on our Buyer's Guide
Limitations to Our Support
Our Tech Desk support staff will do everything they can to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, but please be aware that we do have a few limitations:
- In order to be fair to our other customers, we have a 2-hour time limit for troubleshooting software issues or removing viruses.
- We do not support Linux or related operating systems.
- We have limited web development support. If you are interested in creating a web page, see Web Hosting and Publishing Services.
Learn more about how to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!