The Information Services Tech Desk is committed to supporting University-affiliated students, faculty and staff with their computing needs. We are located in 151 McKenzie Hall, and our hours of operation are 8am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Please feel free to visit us in person, call our telephone support at (541) 346-HELP (4357), or email us at email@example.com.
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for cool applications, computer tips, campus updates, safe computing tips and more!
Services We Offer
- Educating customers on personal computing best practices
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting for current students, faculty, and staff
- First level ethernet and wireless support for current students, faculty, and staff
- Account support for all current and retired University of Oregon affiliated persons.
- Virus and spyware removal
- Duckware production and distribution
- Sale of cables and various computer parts
Environments We Support
The Tech Desk supports the following equipment types:
- Mobile devices and PDAs
The Tech Desk supports the following operating systems and software:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8
- Mac OS X 10.4 and newer
- Microsoft Office applications for Windows and Mac
- Internet browsers
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- Email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, and Webmail
- Adobe Suite of applications
- University-wide site licensed software found on the Software Center list
- Computer purchase advice based on our Buyer's Guide
Limitations to Our Support
Our Tech Desk Support Staff will do everything they can to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, but please be aware that we do have a few limitations:
- In order to be fair to our other customers, we have a 2 hour time limit for troubleshooting software issues or removing viruses. For more complete assistance, we suggest customers check their system in to the Hardware Repair Shop.
- Desktop, printers, servers, and various peripherals have to be checked in to the Hardware Repair Shop for service.
- We do not support Linux or related operating systems.
- We have limited web development support. If you are interested in creating a web page, see Web Hosting and Publishing Services.
Learn more about how to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!