DeptComp (short for "Departmental Computing") began as a community of practice in late 1992. Since then, it has grown to include over 300 technical and computer support professionals in schools, colleges, departments, centers and institutes.
This group meets monthly and communicates via the DeptComp email list.
The idea behind the IT Community group is to work collaboratively and cooperatively. To achieve that goal, please use the DeptComp list as a place to:
- share ideas, research and techniques for using technology at the university,
- announce new services and policies
- announce IT-related events, such as presentations,
- conferences, webinars, meetings and searches,
- communicate professionally, and
- ask for advice and assistance.
How to Join
There are two ways to subscribe to the email list:
- Visit https://lists.uoregon.edu/mailman/listinfo/deptcomp and fill out the form.
- Send a message to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. The subject line and body of the message can be blank.
- Meetings are held on the second Friday of each month from 10:30am to noon; locations change with each meeting
- For upcoming meetings, see the IT events calendar