Guests visiting the University of Oregon can gain access to UO's wireless network and the internet one of three ways:
- have a faculty or staff member sponsor the guest(s), a process known as sponsoring a guest;
- log in using "eduroam" (available to guests from eduroam-participating institutions), or
- log in using your Oregon State or Portland State credentials
Oregon State and Portland State guests
If you are from Oregon State or Portland State, you already have access! Select the "UO Guest" wireless network and go to uoguest.uoregon.edu.
How to Use eduroam
If you are from a participating eduroam institution, you already have access! Select the "eduroam" wireless network and login using your username and password provided by your home institution. For more information, see About the eduroam Wireless Network.
How Guest Sponsorship Works
A faculty or staff member creates a guest's sponsorship, and the system generates a temporary password. The sponsor gives the password to the guest. The guest logs in, provides important contact information and sets a new password.
If your guest needs more than internet access, you may be able to sponsor an account.
For details of who is eligible to act as a sponsor and who is eligible to be sponsored, see the Wireless Network Guest Access Policy. All guests are responsible for following our Acceptable Use Policy.
How to Sponsor a Guest
For detailed, step-by-step directions, see UO Guest Wireless Sponsorship. Here's an outline of the process:
- Go to sponsors.uoregon.edu.
- Log in with your Duck ID and password.
- In the box, enter the email address of the person you wish to sponsor.
- Confirm the start date and end date. Most sponsorships are limited to 7 days.
- Click the "Sponsor these accounts" button.
- Give the guest his or her temporary password (for first time sponsorships only).
How to Log in as a Guest
To log in, select the "UO Guest" wireless network, go to uoguest.uoregon.edu and follow the directions there. The first time you log in, you will need to change your password and provide your name.