Webmail provides a way to create custom email groups via the address book. This allows users to better manage emailing large groups of contacts on a frequent basis. Instead of having to add many contacts for each email over and over again, you can add just the group.
How to create a group in Webmail
- Log in to webmail.uoregon.edu with DuckID credentials.
- Click on "Address Book" in upper menu on the right side of screen.
- Once in the Address Book, click the ‘+’ sign in the lower left corner.
- You will be presented with an open box under Personal Addresses. Type in the name of your new group and hit 'Enter'.
Modifying a group in Webmail
- To add existing email addresses from your Personal Address book, drag the contact to the newly created group.
- To remove a contact from a group, select the contact you wish to delete from the group and click on the trash-can icon. This will remove the contact from only the group it has been added to, it will not delete the contact in general.
- To add new addresses that are not in your Personal Address Book, highlight the Group in the left pane and then click on the Create New Contact icon and fill in information on the right.
Using groups in Webmail
To use your new group, type in the group name in the "To" box when you are composing a message. The box should automatically populate with all of the email addresses that are tied to the group.