UO Blogs offers a large variety of themes for customers that we are committed to maintaining. We ask that customers use these themes before requesting a custom theme.
There is more work that goes into installing a theme than just clicking the "Download" link; there is a committment to maintaining it as well. As UO Blogs is updates WordPress, which runs this service, themes often need to be revised and updated to continue functioning.
If you cannot find a theme that fits your needs and you would like to use an outside theme, you may request a custom theme for your site as long as it meets the criteria below.
- Custom themes may only be used for departmental, administrative units, or ASUO-recognized sites.
- Students are not eligible
- Individual faculty or staff websites are not eligible
- The custom theme must be supported by a web developer, designer or someone with equivalent experience.
- At least one administrator for the site must be a full time faculty or staff member.
- The theme request will be reviewed by the UO Blogs Change Advisory Board and Campus Press (UO Blogs hosting company) before implementation and going live.
- Big theme frameworks and their child themes may make it more difficult to get a custom theme approved.
- The administrator(s) of the site agree to the following:
- Information Services and Campus Press will not be responsible for keeping the theme up-to-date, theme development, or troubleshooting. Please contact your unit's technology staff for further information about support.
- Campus Press and the UO Blogs Change Advisory Board reserve the right to deny any custom theme request.
Requesting a Custom Theme
- Please fill out the following web form: UO Blogs Custom Theme Request.
- Note: the UO Blogs site that is scheduled to receive the custom theme must already exist.
- The custom theme will be tested to ensure there are no apparent bugs or security vulnerabilities.
- The theme will then be sent to the UO Blogs Change Advisory Board for review.
- If the theme is approved by the Change Advisory Board, Campus Press will review the request.
We expect a one month turnaround from the time we receive a custom theme request to that theme going live.
For further information about this process, please contact the Technology Service Desk.