- To create a mailing list in Mailman, go to https://lists.uoregon.edu/mailman/create.
- Alternatively, you can also click on the Create A List link at lists.uoregon.edu.
- Enter your Duck ID and password to access the page. Once there, you'll see this list creation form:
- Name of list: Create a name for your list. This list name can be anything that is not currently being used by another list. The list name is not case-sensitive. Only letters, numbers, and the symbols dash and underscore ('-' and '_') may be used in the list name.
- Initial list owner address: Type your email address as the initial list owner.
- Initial list password: Create a list password. For security reasons, this password should differ from your other passwords. It should have a mixture of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers.
- List Characteristics: It's a good idea to moderate new list members' posts; check the button next to Yes. This setting can be modified later if desired.
- Once you've filled out the form, click the Create List button. You'll receive an email from lists.uoregon.edu confirming the creation of your new list.