To set up Mac Mail 6.x to work with UO's Exchange:
- Open Mail
- From the menu bar, click on Mail and select Preferences
- Click the + button to add an account
- In the Full Name field, enter your name as you would like it to appear to others
- Enter your UO email address
- Enter your UO password
- Click Continue
- Mac Mail should find a mail server and automatically configure the settings
- Server settings should be exchange.uoregon.edu
- You will have a choice to set up calendars and contacts as well. If you do not want those set up for Mac Mail, uncheck the corresponding boxes.
- Click Create
- You can review the information under advanced.
Optional: Set up email address auto-complete
Note: These instructions are for Mac OS X 10.7 users only. OS X 10.8 and higher will use Exchange Web for email address auto-complete.
- Open Mac Mail Preferences
- Choose the Composing tab
- Check "Automatically complete addresses"
- Click Configure LDAP...
- Click + to add a new server
- Name: ad-dc1
- Server: ad-dc1.ad.uoregon.edu
- Check "Use SSL". Port should change to 636
- Search Base: ou=Units,dc=ad,dc=uoregon,dc=edu
- Scope: Subtree
- Authentication: Simple
- Username: ad\duckid
- Password: <the person's duckid password>
- Click Save
- Click Done
For assistance, please contact the Technology Service Desk.