ResNet is the internet and computer service provided to residents living in University Housing. This includes the Residence Halls, Grad Village, Agate Apartments, and Spencer View Apartments.
Office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
The Residence halls offer an Ethernet connection that will not require the use of your telephone line. Every student room has at least one Ethernet connection for each student. We are currently upgrading wireless access in the Residence halls. Bean, Barnhart, LLC, Earl, Carson, Global Scholars, Walton, and Hamilton have wireless access in all areas including student rooms. Riley and the family housing apartments have access in most public areas. We are working with Network & Telecom Services to continually update wireless access.
For wireless access on campus, please visit Info Graphic's University of Oregon Wireless Network Map.
Services that ResNet Provides:
- Free virus and spyware removal.
- Assistance in solving problems regarding the UO Network including outages, connectivity problems, etc.
- Computer security software and safe computing information.
- Removing peer to peer programs for file sharing violations.
- Registering, configuring, and securing most wireless routers.
- Assistance connecting mobile and wireless devices to the UO Network.
Services that ResNet Does Not Provide:
- Assistance with operating system errors or problems.
- Setup, installation, or problems with printers and other peripheral equipment.
- Password reset for UO Email accounts (Contact Information Services).
- Assistance to students not living in UO Housing and non-Housing faculty or staff. (Contact Information Services)
- Hardware repair (Contact Information Services)