U of O Information Services offers enterprise Microsoft Exchange services
U of O Information Services offers standard access to this service to all staff, faculty, and student employees free of charge.
For mailboxes larger than 5GB, a fee per month will be assessed.
Information Services – Systems is offering the following at this time.
- Outlook Email Client Support for Outlook 2007 and 2010 via MAPI protocol (UOnet only), and via RPC over https (port 443)
- Outlook Web Access 2010 via outlook.uoregon.edu on port 443
- Mobile support using ActiveSync technology via sync.uoregon.edu
- IMAPv4 access to Exchange Mailboxes via exchange.uoregon.edu
- Outlook Anywhere access via exchange.uoregon.edu
- Outlook autodiscovery services via autodiscover.uoregon.edu
- Your Duck ID is used to login to Exchange. For information see our Duck ID page.
- Your Exchange account is your Duck ID plus @uoregon.edu, as in email@example.com
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 compatible software is required for using this service. Some examples include; Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Entourage, Microsoft ActiveSync compatible devices, or a standards-compliant web browser and internet access.
Requesting an Exchange account
To request a Microsoft Exchange account please contact your local IT support personnel for eligibility.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server Administration is provided by the IS Systems Group.
- Support for Microsoft Outlook client software (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, iphones, etc) is provided by your local IT support group.