U of O Information Services offers enterprise Microsoft Exchange services
U of O Information Services offers standard access to this service to all staff, faculty, and student employees free of charge.
Information Services – Systems is offering the following at this time.
- Outlook Email Client Support for Outlook 2013 and 2016 via RPC over https (port 443)
- Outlook Web Access 2013 via outlook.uoregon.edu on port 443
- Mobile support using ActiveSync technology via sync.uoregon.edu
- IMAPv4 access to Exchange Mailboxes via exchange.uoregon.edu, on port 993
- Outlook Anywhere access via exchange.uoregon.edu
- Outlook autodiscovery services via autodiscover.uoregon.edu
- Your Duck ID is used to login to Exchange. For information see our Duck ID page.
- Your Exchange account is your Duck ID plus @uoregon.edu, as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 compatible software is required for using this service. Some examples include; Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016, Microsoft Outlook For Mac 2016, Microsoft ActiveSync compatible devices, or a standards-compliant web browser and internet access.
Requesting an Exchange account
To request a Microsoft Exchange account please contact your local IT support personnel for eligibility.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server Administration is provided by the Technology Service Desk.
- Support for Microsoft Outlook client software (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, iphones, etc) is provided by your local IT support group.
- Users without a local IT department should contact the Technology Service Desk at Technology Service Desk, 541-346-4357