U of O Information Services offers enterprise Instant Messaging services
U of O Information Services offers this service to all staff, faculty, and student employees free of charge.
Information Services – Systems is offering the following at this time.
- Jabber/XMPP secure client access via jabber.uoregon.edu on port 5222
- Your Duck ID is used to login to jabber. For information see our Duck ID page.
- Your jabber account is your Duck ID plus @jabber.uoregon.edu, as in email@example.com
- A jabber/xmpp compatible Instant Messaging client is required to connect to the Jabber service.
Requesting a Jabber account or Jabber shared group
To request a Jabber account or a Jabber shared group, fill out the Jabber Intake Sheet.
Account/Group Request Requirements
- Any Faculty, Staff, or Student Employee within a department using the central Active Directory service may be granted a Jabber account.
- Requests for Jabber accounts are done by provisioning groups of users via Active Directory groups.
- These requests must be made by a Full-time IT staff who will act as the point of contact.
- OU Admin or delegated point of contact is responsible for group membership management via Active Directory.
- Support for Jabber account creation and Jabber Shared Groups is provided by the Technology Service Desk.
- Support for Jabber client software (e.g. Pidgin, Spark, iChat) is provided by your local IT support group.