Product Title: Spam/AV Email Filtering Service
Service Category: Centralized Email
U of O Information Services provides enterprise spam and anti-virus email filtering services
U of O Information Services offers this service to all staff, faculty, and students free of charge
Information Services – Systems is offering the following at this time.
- Proofpoint Protection Server Spam Detection Module
- Proofpoint Protection Server Virus Scanning Module
- Proofpoint Protection Server Dynamic Reputation with netMLX
- 3 levels of email filtering
- All messages are delivered without content or recipient filtering; only source host reputation based connection filtering (netMLX) occurs
- Tag spam in Subject header
- All email is delivered regardless of its suspected spam status. The subject line of suspected spam is re-written to prepend the tag [SPAM]. Advanced users: the "X-Spam-Flag: YES" header can be used for local filter rules as desired, such as for custom rules in Outlook or Mac OS Mail.
- Filter spam
- Messages with a spam score of 100 are rejected during mail transactions. Messages with scores between 50 and 99 are quarantined for a period of two weeks. This is the default setting for all users.
- Users who have new quarantined messages in the past 24 hours will receive an "End User Digest" message at approximately 3 pm that day.
- User access to spam filtering and end user digest preferences and quarantined messages is available through the web interface at https://proofpoint.uoregon.edu
- Also available as an opt-in service for department or group based email servers with their own MX records.
End User Support
- See our guide on how to use Spam Filtering
- Telephone: 541-346-HELP
- Email: email@example.com
Server Filtering Support