Information Services hosts a Red Hat Network Satellite Server that provides local mirroring of Red Hat packages and a custom interface for management of Red Hat Servers and workstations. This system is the sole interface for access to the University of Oregon site licensed Red Hat software. All licenses are for academic (non-personal) use only.
To request access for your group, please have a designated Organization Administrator fill out the RHN Intake Sheet. See the requirements below for information on who qualifies for Organization Administrator status.
Red Hat Network Satellite server is accessible at https://rhn.uoregon.edu. Log in to the system with your Duck ID credentials.
Note that only individuals who have been granted access by Information Services or their Organization Administrator will be able to log in successfully.
In addition to potential outages during the standard Systems maintenance windows, the UO RHN Satellite service is down every day from approximately 11PM to 1 AM to accomodate backups.
Organization Administrator Criteria
- Licensees are granted administrative access to an “Organization” within the Satellite administrative interface.
- Licensees must identify a single point of contact for interaction with the Information Services Systems group.
- Point of contact must be full-time IT staff, not student employee or consultant, who manages or will be managing at least 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts.
- Point of contact is responsible for creation, management, and timely removal of Organization user accounts, host profiles, installation keys, etc.
- All licensees must be responsive to requests from Information Services for information or changes to Organization configuration.