The university has several wireless networks available. Select the correct network based on your affiliation:
- If you are a student, faculty or staff please use UO Secure. See Configuring your device for UO Secure below.
- If you are a self-registered or sponsored guest on campus, use UO Guest.
- If you are a guest from Oregon State University or another eduroam-participating insititution, you may use eduroam.
What's the difference between uowireless and UO Secure?
UO Secure offers the following advantages:
- No more daily logins! Log in once with your Duck ID and password when you set up UO Secure on your device, then only twice a year when you change your password. (With uowireless network you will need to log in every time you wish to use wireless.)
- Data sent across the wireless network is encrypted (using WPA2), and that reduces the chance someone will intercept usernames, passwords, and other confidential data.
- More efficient wireless connections: the technology behind UO Secure allows us to provide a more efficient network configuration.
Configuring your device for UO Secure
The following explains how to set up your computer to use UO Secure the first time. It applies to Windows and Mac OS X.
- Select the wireless network "uowireless"
- Open a web browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Your browser should display a UOnet Authentication page. Find the http://wireless.uoregon.edu link in the text on the right and click it to start the one-time installation process.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
Configuring mobile devices for UO Secure
- iOS users, see Configuring UO Secure for iOS Devices
- Android users, see Configuring UO Secure for Android Devices
The software used to set up UO Secure runs on Internet Explorer 6 or later, Firefox 3 or later, and Safari 4 under Windows XP, Vista and 7 and Mac OS X 10.4 and later. Supported mobile devices are iOS 4 and later. Android is currently supported through a manual install procedure. Full support is currently in testing.
If you need help with this process please contact the Tech Desk.