The University of Oregon offers a web publishing service called UO Blogs to the UO community. This document outlines policy about guest access to UO Blogs.
Access to UO Blogs by a guest shall be coordinated through a sponsor. The sponsor will typically have some relationship with the guest. Guests are responsible for reading and adhering to the Terms of Service for UO Blogs. The sponsor will take responsibility for the actions of the guest while they are utilizing UO Blogs. Violations of these policies will be referred to the appropriate authorities.
Staff or faculty at service desks (library reference desk, computer help desk, or event support staff) shall not generally sponsor guests unless they have invited the guest to campus or are asked to sponsor the guest by an eligible sponsor. This policy defines sponsors as well as a period of time that a sponsor shall be allowed to provide access to a guest. The categories of sponsors include:
- Tenure Related Faculty, Non Tenure Track Faculty (Career), Officers of Administration, and Staff shall be able to sponsor guests during their time on campus.
- Any request for sponsorship for an extended period of time (one academic year or longer), shall be referred to the Department Head, IT Director, or their designee for sponsorship approval.
- Fixed Short Term Faculty, GTFs, temporary employees, Emeritus and other retired personnel, Courtesy, Associates, and students shall not sponsor guests.
This policy defines the following categories of guests that are eligible to be sponsored:
- Invited guest instructors, students, researchers or staff directly supporting the research or instructional mission of the University or University operations whose work requires .uoregon.edu web space. (e.g. Authors from the Summer Reading Program who will use the blogs platform to teach and interact with UO students).
On the specified end date, the guest account will be deleted. As for the site that was created, one of the following options may be chosen:
- Site will remain on the web, but will be static.
- NOTE: Site will be archived after 2 years per the UO Blogs Terms of Service.
- Site will remain on the web, but admin privileges will be transferred to a specified UO affiliate.
- Migrate UO Blogs site to another WordPress based service. The site will then be archived and removed from UO Blogs.
- Site will be archived and removed from the web completely.
To request a UO Blogs account, please fill out the following form: UO Blogs Guest Account Form
Once you have obtained a guest account, you will use your username and temporary password to log into the UO Guest Granted sign in (see image below):
For more information about using UO Blogs, see Getting Started with Your Blog for instructions on creating and using your blog.
For addititional asssitance, please contact Technology Service Desk.