How to Install the Cisco AnyConnect software
The Cisco AnyConnect software installs directly from a web page.
To install the software:
- Visit the AnyConnect site
- Log in with your Duck ID and password
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions
Note: If the installation fails, it may be necessary to update Java on your computer. Updating Java has been effective in addressing installation problems with the AnyConnect software. To update Java, visit www.java.com.
Windows 8: the AnyConnect software will freeze on the first step. To proceed, click "download" in the bottom right corner of the window. Run the downloaded file and follow the steps below.
How do I use the AnyConnect VPN software?
To start a VPN connection:
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client program
- In the Password box enter the password for your Duck ID:
- Click the "Connect" button
To end a VPN connection:
- Find the Cisco AnyConnect icon, which looks like this: In Windows, the AnyConnect icon is in the system tray at the bottom right corner of your display. In Mac OS X, the AnyConnect icon is on the menu bar at the top right of your display.
- Select "Disconnect" by clicking (or right-clicking) the AnyConnect icon.
The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client will run on Windows 7, Vista, or XP (including 64-bit versions) and Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
NOTE: Mac OSX 10.4 and 10.5 users will need to use the IPSec VPN Client. See Cisco VPN Client for more information.
If you have additional questions please contact our Tech Desk.