How do I install the VPN software on my iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad)?
To install the VPN software:
- Open the App Store
- Search for: Cisco AnyConnect
- Download Cisco AnyConnect by selecting the cloud button
- Once download is complete, open the app
- On the authentification screen that pops up, select OK
- In the column to the left, click Connections
- Select Add VPN Connection...
- For the Server Address enter: uovpn.uoregon.edu
Note: (You can put whatever you want in the Description box.)
- Select Save
- You should see the VPN listed in Connections now
- Click AnyConnect VPN
- Enter your DuckID and password. (Your DuckID is the first part of your @uoregon.edu email address, before the "@".)
- Select Connect
- If you connected successfully, you will see VPN icon at the top of your display
How to disconnect from VPN:
- Tap the Cisco AnyConnect icon.
- Tap the slider next to VPN.
You will then be disconnected from the VPN.
This VPN software is compatible with any device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) running iOS 3 through iOS 9.1. Split-tunnel and full-tunnel have both been verified to work in iOS 9.3.3.
All iOS users need to download Cisco AnyConnect to access VPN.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Technology Service Desk.